August 16 2013
“Behind the success of every child is a proud parent” – this is what GMA Network wants to showcase in its newest reality talent search Anak Ko Yan. Hosted by multitalented actress Jennylyn Mercado, Anak Ko Yan will be featuring kids from 7 – 17 years old who will show their talent in singing or dancing. Versatile performer Rochelle Pangilinan will serve as the show’s dance coach while Asia’s Diva Dulce will serve as the voice coach.
What makes this different from other reality-talent searches is that their parents will also be highlighted. The show will feature the relationship between the child and the parent, how they will overcome all the struggles and challenges, how the parents interact with one another and how they prepare their kids in every performance.
Anak Ko Yan will air from Monday to Friday and the 13 parent-child participants will battle it out daily. The parent-child tandems are the following:
From Metro Manila:
· Edrick-Mommy Edith tandem, ang Bonggang Bida and Proud Mama
· Monica-Mommy Fatima tandem, the Hataw Princess and Kembot Queen
· AJ-Mommy Ariadni tandem, the Wonder Boy and Super Mom
· Dranrie-Mommy Rochie tandem, the Girl Next Door and Mommy Terror
· Anikka-Mommy Jinky tandem, Ms. Sossy and Mommy Sexy
· Josh-Mommy Sandra tandem, ang Rebelde at ang Dominante
· James-Mommy Gina tandem, the Heartthrob and the Survivor
From North Luzon:
· Danicia-Mommy Liana tandem, the Bauty and the Stage Mommy
· Tricia-Mommy Jensen tandem, the K-Pop Cutie and Mrs. Trendy
· JenJen-Daddy Allan tandem, the Little Morena and Boss Tisoy
· Naomi-Mommy Jasmin tandem, ang Gwapa at ang Probinsyana
· Sean-Mommy Flor tandem, si Taba at si Mommy Pangga
· Johnny-Mommy Janet tandem, the Rockstar Kiddie and Mommy Sweetie
Directed by Albert Langitan, this newest reality talent series will definitely infuse a new level of morning TV experience to Filipino viewers as it shows the power of parent-child tandem in overcoming the unimaginable.
Anak Ko Yan premieres August 26 right after With A Smile only on GMA 7.