No longer known as the Other Gutierrez Twin, Raymond proves his worth with a fresh style to hosting. Eloquent and direct to the point, Raymond gives hosting a showbiz talk show a touch of class. Watch out for Raymond in Showbiz Central.
Raymond's hit list:
1. Raymond is a fan of reality shows! He also likes watching Ellen, Jay Leno, music channels and Gossip Girl.
2. Leonardio di Caprio and Natalie Portman are his favorite actors.
3. He's always been a fan of Kanye West; "I like that he's always trying to do something different. And sometimes I don't agree with his outbursts, but his music is really good." Raymond adds that he also likes Red Hot Chili Peppers.
4. Raymond says the book The 48 Laws of Power really opened his mind to different ways of thinking.
5. This Gutierrez Twin loves to travel! "Every time I go out of the country, I get so excited. Nabubuhayan ako. And it's always been a passion for me to discover new cities and learn new cultures."
6. His fashion item of choice is a lightweight scarf.
7. Tennis was Raymond's sport back in high school, and he used to take up boxing.
8. Raymond is very much into photography and Photoshop. "I have my SLR and myLyka; Whenever I'm out with friends, I just like taking pictures. And then, when I get home, I touch it up using Photoshop--pinaglalaruan ko."
On the spot:
Why did you enter showbiz?
"Yung first time around, siyempre, I was born into it. Pero yung second time, when I came back to the Philippines. Actually 'yung pagbalik ko dito, it was only supposed to be a 3-week vacation. And then I did a guest VJ spot, [wherein] nakita ako ni Tita Wilma [Galvante]. She was the one who offered me to stay in the Philippines, and offered me a few TV shows. And at that time, at such a young age, I was so confused what to do. But naisip ko rin, it is such a big opportunity that a lot of people wait a lifetime for. So I said I'll do it, as long as I'm having fun. And currently, I'm still enjoying it--so I'm still here."
What was the toughest challenge you had to face?
"Siguro, in life, when both of my parents got sick last year (2008). They both had to be in the hospital and undergo different operations within 1 week of each other. So 'yun yung talagang napaka-heavy na time in our lives, dahil siyempre kapag ganoon, you're always unsure. It's always in the hands of God, you don't know what's gonna happen. In showbiz naman, losing your privacy. It's like your work is 24/7, it doesn't end. You always have to be polite to people, you have to acknowledge them--laging ganoon."
What is your biggest frustration or regret?
"Regrets wala, because I don't live life with regrets. Frustration, siguro, when people say things and then do another. Disappointment yun for me."
What are you most proud of?
"Siguro I'm most proud of my family. Kasi nakikita ko talaga na each one of us really works hard. Na parang we really try to create our own image, talagang kung ano yung path na gusto naming tahakin, and lahat kami nagtutulungan. So yun yung maganda sa family ko, na throughout all the intrigues, the hardships of showbiz, we're still very intact."
What are your limitations?
"Siguro dancing on TV. (Laughs.) Because I really admire the people who can do that--but ako, I only dance in the clubs. Not on TV."
Describe yourself in three words.
"Open-minded, sarcastic, fun."
What are your fears?
"Siguro losing the people close to me; and then, not achieving my goals. Yung mga goals na naiisip ko for myself, tapos hindi ko ma-reach. I'd be very disappointment."
What is your biggest dream?
"My biggest dream would just to be successful at doing something that I love. Kasi sometimes, di ba, people are successful, pero pag-uwi nila ng bahay, they're not fulfilled. There's always an emptiness. So ako, ang dream ko talaga for myself is to be successful and to be happy, and at the same time, doing something that I really love."