Senator Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino may be known for his modest lifestyle, but for his proclamation and inauguration as the Philippines’ 15th president he'll be wearing clothes fancier than what he’s used to: A barong tagalog custom-made for him by Filipino designer JC Buendia.
Despite reports that former President Joseph "Erap" Estrada is already conceding to presidential frontrunner Sen. Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III, the deposed leader's son on Monday said his father is not yet admitting defeat.
The Congress, sitting as the National Board of Canvassers (NBOC), on Monday decided to defer anew the canvassing of votes from Davao City due to the absence of statement of votes (SOV) there.
TV host and talent manager Boy Abunda said he is not keen on accepting any offers for a government post, at least for now.
Special elections held in nine towns in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) proceeded “peacefully" and without major security and technical problems, a poll official said on Thursday.
Voter registration and validation in Metro Manila will continue this week during the visit of Pope Francis, the Commission on Elections said Wednesday.
After a two-week break, the Commission on Elections will resume its voters' registration on Jan. 5, the first working day of the year.
The voter registration for the 2016 elections will be suspended during the Undas (All Saints' and All Souls' Days), the Commission on Elections said Thursday.
Presidential cousin Miguel Cojuangco Rivilla refused to give up the mayor's office in Paniqui town in Tarlac province while his supporters continued to picket the tension-filled municipal grounds, GMA News' "24 Oras" reported on Wednesday.
Voter registration is now easier because of Comelec’s project to move the process online, according to a report by Balitanghali’s Tina Panganiban-Perez.
I may not like Jojo Binay, but I will not be as bold in dismissing the views of this guy I talked to, and the rest of the 31 percent who still would vote for the Vice President despite the mud that has been thrown at him. Instead of indicting them for their preferences, what we should be indicting and holding accountable are those who were tasked to rescue us from the pits of political malaise, and have promised to make our lives better, but instead have miserably failed.
I am amazed watching the younger generation transmogrify video game characters into strange or grotesque appearances. Now that’s a thought. It occurred to me that if there is technological transmogrification, there is also what I would call political transmogrification, Philippine-style.
The danger of a Presidency that subsists on a personalistic cult, and is derived from a near-hero worship, is that it faces the risk of sinking or swimming on the attitudes of a citizenry that has a short memory, and has an unstable notion of what is popular. For these people, leaders and idols are dispensable.
President Benigno Aquino III on Wednesday refused to name the person he will be endorsing in the 2016 presidential elections, saying he does not want to cause problems for the person.
The Commission on Elections (Comelec), sitting as the National Board of Canvassers, has released its final tally of senatorial candidates according to its official canvassing of election results.
- House suffrage committee urges poll watchdog not to put Comelec in bad light
- Comelec to Lagman: Show us PCOS results can be tampered with
- Palasyo, tiwala pa rin sa Comelec, PCOS machines
- Palace still trusts Comelec, PCOS machines amid issues on repair deal
- No contract awarded to Smartmatic for PCOS repair –Comelec chief
- Group to ask SC to keep Smartmatic away from PCOS repair contract
- Smartmatic-TIM now lone eligible bidder for P32.6-M 2016 polls contract – Comelec bids body
- No SC TRO for Comelec PCOS bidding
- VACC asks to join SC case contesting 2013 Senate poll results
- Brillantes: PCOS machines counting non-existent votes only in isolated cases
- 'Mamanukin' sa 2016 presidential polls, prinotektahan ni PNoy
- Party-list Buhay, Magdalo, at An Waray, posibleng malagasan ng 'upuan'
- Desisyon ng SC sa party-list groups, kinondena; magagamit din daw sa dynasty ng mga pulitiko
- Kaalyado ni PNoy na Akbayan, pinayagan ng Comelec na sumali sa 2013 party-list elections
- 15 probinsiya tinaguriang ‘high risk’ sa darating ng eleksyon
- Party-list groups sa Kamara, nagkakairingan dahil sa isyu ng diskuwalipikasyon
- Pagdiskwalipika ng Comelec sa Black and White Movement, iginagalang ni Lacierda
- Grupong ‘Black and White Movement’, ‘di nakapasok sa party-list elections
- Siksikan sa huling araw ng Comelec registration
- Party-list group ni Mikey, tinunaw ng Comelec; pati grupo ng media, ‘di rin umubra