Senator Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino may be known for his modest lifestyle, but for his proclamation and inauguration as the Philippines’ 15th president he'll be wearing clothes fancier than what he’s used to: A barong tagalog custom-made for him by Filipino designer JC Buendia.
Despite reports that former President Joseph "Erap" Estrada is already conceding to presidential frontrunner Sen. Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III, the deposed leader's son on Monday said his father is not yet admitting defeat.
The Congress, sitting as the National Board of Canvassers (NBOC), on Monday decided to defer anew the canvassing of votes from Davao City due to the absence of statement of votes (SOV) there.
TV host and talent manager Boy Abunda said he is not keen on accepting any offers for a government post, at least for now.
Special elections held in nine towns in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) proceeded “peacefully" and without major security and technical problems, a poll official said on Thursday.
Voter registrants in Panabo City in Davao del Norte complained of long queues and uncomfortable conditions at the local Comelec office, which they said was due to Mindanao's power outages, a news site Davao Today reported.
The Comelec is hopeful it will get more of the 13 million Filipino being encouraged to register to vote after over 60,000 voters went to election offices last May 6 to sign up, have the biometrics taken, or update their records.
Balloons and a walk highlighted early Tuesday the start of the voters' registration for the May 2016 national and local elections.
First-time voters and previously registered voters who will have their biometrics taken should take advantage of the early start of the registration period for the 2016 elections for a speedier process, Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez said Monday.
The Commission on Elections sees nothing wrong with "hakot" – or politicians trucking in voters – as long as it's for voter registration.
President Benigno Aquino III on Wednesday refused to name the person he will be endorsing in the 2016 presidential elections, saying he does not want to cause problems for the person.
The Commission on Elections (Comelec), sitting as the National Board of Canvassers, has released its final tally of senatorial candidates according to its official canvassing of election results.
The Commission on Elections, sitting as the National Board of Canvassers, said Friday that it will proclaim three winning senatorial candidates in the 2013 midterm elections by 8 p.m.
Younger senatorial bets may have a slight advantage over their more senior rivals since a big majority of voters for the 2013 polls are below 35 years old, Institute for Political and Electoral Reform executive director Ramon Casiple said.
Two Senate panels have endorsed a bill seeking to create a state subsidy fund for political parties and penalize political turncoats.
- Comelec wants P11-B new PCOS machines for 2016 polls
- Koko rejects use of PCOS machines in 2016 polls
- Comelec: PCOS machines for 2016 polls might not come from Smartmatic
- Poll critics call for impeachment of incumbent Comelec executives
- Poll critics file complaint against 11 Comelec officials
- Aga Muhlach files protest over Camarines Sur election results
- Think tank finds May 13 polls ‘questionable’
- PPCRV seeks inventory of CF cards used in 2013 elections
- SC asked to stop Comelec from removing PCOS machines from polling precincts
- 18,000 PCOS machines suffered transmission woes — Brillantes
- 'Mamanukin' sa 2016 presidential polls, prinotektahan ni PNoy
- Party-list Buhay, Magdalo, at An Waray, posibleng malagasan ng 'upuan'
- Desisyon ng SC sa party-list groups, kinondena; magagamit din daw sa dynasty ng mga pulitiko
- Kaalyado ni PNoy na Akbayan, pinayagan ng Comelec na sumali sa 2013 party-list elections
- 15 probinsiya tinaguriang ‘high risk’ sa darating ng eleksyon
- Party-list groups sa Kamara, nagkakairingan dahil sa isyu ng diskuwalipikasyon
- Pagdiskwalipika ng Comelec sa Black and White Movement, iginagalang ni Lacierda
- Grupong ‘Black and White Movement’, ‘di nakapasok sa party-list elections
- Siksikan sa huling araw ng Comelec registration
- Party-list group ni Mikey, tinunaw ng Comelec; pati grupo ng media, ‘di rin umubra