GMA News Online

1 hurt in fire in Manila’s Tondo district

September 19, 2008 7:30am
MANILA, Philippines - At least one resident was injured after a fire believed caused by a candle left unattended destroyed a row of houses in Manila's Tondo district shortly after midnight Thursday.

Radio dzBB reported early Friday the fire started at a house owned by one Emelita Villana along Dagupan Street in Tondo district at about
12:38 a.m.

The fire reached the third alarm before firefighters put it out at 1:40 a.m. Arson investigators estimated damage to property at P50,000.

Although no one was reported killed in the fire, a resident initially identified as Wilfredo Reyes sustained injuries in the hand.- GMANews.TV
Go to comments