Villar still richest senator, Trillanes poorest
Detained Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, meanwhile, is the poorest, based on the Statement of Assets and Liabilities and Net Worth they submitted to the Senate
President-elect Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" Aquino III is the 18th richest senator with a net worth of P15.44 million, P1.4 million higher than his 2008 declaration.
Here is the 2009 net worth of senators based on their SALNs:
- 1) Manuel Villar — P947.88 million
- 2) Ma Ana Consuelo ‘Jamby’ Madrigal — P145.61 million
- 3) Ramon ‘Bong’ Revilla Jr. — P123.73 million
- 4) Juan Ponce Enrile — P118.8 million
- 5) Jinggoy Estrada — P84.03 million
- 6) Pilar Juliana ‘Pia’ Cayetano — P75.85 million
- 7) Edgardo Angara — P64.2 million
- 8) Manuel ‘Mar’ Roxas II — P62.92 million
- 9) Loren Legarda — P45.54 million
- 10) Miriam Defensor Santiago — P40.3 million
- 11) Juan Miguel Zubiri — P39.28 million
- 12) Rodolfo Biazon — P30.69 million
- 13) Richard Gordon — P26.52 million
- 14) Panfilo Lacson — P24.23 million
- 15) Gregorio Honasan II — P17.65 million
- 16) Alan Peter Cayetano — P16.95 million
- 17) Lito Lapid — P15.9 million
- 18) Benigno Simeon Aquino III — P15.44 million
- 19) Francis Pangilinan — P12.02 million
- 20) Joker Arroyo — P11.05 million
- 21) Aquilino Pimentel Jr. — P10.69 million
- 22) Francis ‘Chiz’ Escudero — P8 million
- 23) Antonio Trillanes IV — P 3.47 million
Trillanes’ net worth increased by half a million. He reported that his wife received a P700,000 separation pay from the military.
Net worth can be calculated by subtracting a senator’s liabilities from his/her declared assets.
According to the Senate website, a senator receives P35,000 a month while the Senate President receives P40,000.
Under Presidential Decree 677, which amended the Republic Act 3019 (Anti Graft and Corrupt Practices Act), all government employees are required to file their “true detailed and sworn statement of assets and liabilities, including a statement of the amounts and sources of his income, the amounts of his personal and family expenses and the amount of income taxes paid" every year. - RJAB Jr/KBK, GMANews.TV