Metro Manila people, find your place on our flood map
NOTE: This map is best viewed in full screen.
One year after typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng, many citizens have learned that they need to protect themselves and their families better. One way is with improved information, such as our interactive map above.
According to the Center for Disaster Preparedness, ordinary citizens should encourage their barangay leaders to implement an early warning system for their community. Households should also ask their barangay about designated evacuation centers and routes in case of a flood disaster. Local governments are responsible for developing and implementing disaster preparedness and emergency response plans.
To help local governments and even ordinary citizens to better prepare for another major flood like Ondoy, this interactive map produced by GMANews.TV shows the flood prone areas in the National Capital Region. It also shows the locations of evacuation centers that were used in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Ondoy, barangay halls, hospitals, and health centers.
- Evacuation centers used in the Ondoy aftermath - Department of Social Welfare and Services (DSWD)
- List of barangays in the NCR with phone numbers - Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)
- List of health centers and hospitals in NCR - Center for Health Development Metro Manila (http://chdmm.doh.gov.ph)
- Flood and landslide susceptibility map, flood cycle frequency map - Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB), DENR
- Expected flood height in case of an Ondoy-like rainfall event taken from http://www.nababaha.com
Note: This map may not be able to locate all addresses. The layer of the map showing "Expected flood height in case of Ondoy-like rainfall event" only includes data on the following areas: Valenzuela City, Quezon City, Marikina City, Las Piñas City, and Parañaque City; Taytay, Bulacan; Binangonan, and Baras in Rizal; Cavite; Santa Rosa, Biñan, Calamba, and Los Baños in Laguna.
Data gathered by Pia Faustino.
Interactive map developed by Wayne Manuel.