GMA News Online
News
»
Regions

NDRRMC: 2 killed, 4 hurt in Bohol landslide

August 1, 2011 10:20am

Tags: Bohol
Two children were killed while four people were injured following a landslide triggered by Typhoon Kabayan (Muifa) in Bohol over the weekend, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Monday.

In its 6 a.m. update, the NDRRMC said the landslide occurred at the quarry site at Sitio Abatan in Lincod village in Maribojoc, Bohol at 3:30 a.m. Sunday.

"The Potat family and a couple of site workers were asleep in a makeshift shelter at the basement part when a portion of the said quarry gave way. The quarry owner, a certain Nomiriano Almene OF Brgy Cabawan, Maribojoc disclosed that the estimated damage to his property amounts to P500,000," it said.

Killed in the incident were Junrey Potat, 4; and Princess Joy Potat, 2. The deaths brought the death toll from Kabayan to four as of Monday.

Injured were:

  • Bonifacio Potat, 24
  • Marites Potat, 20
  • Jimmy Tirol, 30
  • Ronel Agot, 21

    In its Monday report, the NDRRMC said the Potat couple is still undergoing medical treatment, although Tirol and Agot suffered minor injuries.

    The NDRRMC said at least seven houses in Paombong town and San Jose del Monte City in Bulacan were damaged due to rains brought by Kabayan.

    Also, it said Kabayan has so far affected 642 families or 3,158 people in eight villages in four towns and one city in Bulacan.

    Of these, 204 families or 967 people are housed in six evacuation centers. — RSJ, GMA News

  • Tags: Bohol