DFA’s Del Rosario is wealthiest Cabinet member
Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, 72, is the wealthiest cabinet member with a declared net worth of P657, 834, 755.
This was revealed in Del Rosario’s statement of Assets and liabilities and net worth (SALN), which was submitted last April. Del Rosario’s assets increased by P30 million from his 2010 declaration.
The SALNs of President Benigno Aquino III’s Cabinet men were released by Malacañang to reporters on Tuesday.
Prior to serving as Aquino’s top diplomat, he was appointed by then-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as ambassador to the United States. He held this post from 2001 to 2006.
Del Rosario also served as head of various private companies such as the Gotuaco, Del Rosario Insurance Brokers Inc., Philippine Telecommunications Investment Corporation, and Philippine Stratbase Consultancy Inc. Del Rosario was also a director of several other businesses engaged in infrastructure, property development, mass media, communications, and mining.
The second wealthiest Cabinet members is Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima with a net worth of P261,585,294, followed by Tourism Secretary Ramon Jimenez with P238,231,000.
Transportation and Communications Secretary Manuel Roxas II’s net worth was pegged at P183,107,369.
Other Cabinet secretaries and their net worth are:
- Trade and Industry Secretary Gregory Domingo–P153,102,000)
- Energy Secretary Rene Almendras–P117,214,809
- Public Works and Highways Secretary Rogelio Singson– P84,154,190
- Health Secretary Enrique Ona–P80,786,666
- Science and Technology Secretary Mario Montejo–P55,584,596
- Commission on Higher Education head Patricia Licuanan– P48,908,936
- Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala–P87,009, 682.88
- Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Eduardo De Mesa– P34,793,650
- Budget Secretary Florencio Abad, P29,655,959
- Environment and Natural Resources Secretary Ramon Paje–P29,300,000
- National Anti-Poverty Commission head Joel Rocamora– P25,379,119
- Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin–P23,505,542
- Metropolitan Manila Development Authority chairman Francis Tolentino–P22,540,381
- Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Teresita Deles–P21,832,293
- Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr.–P17,079,709
- Presidential Management Staff head Julia Abad–P16,800,000
- National Security Adviser Cesar Garcia–P15,600,000
- Presidential Communications Operations Office head Herminio Coloma Jr.–P14,740,000
- Agrarian Reform Secretary Virgilio delos Reyes–P14,255,692
- Mindanao Development Authority head Luwalhati Antonino– P14,095,000
- Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda–P13,760,536
- Presidential Legislative Liaison Office head Manuel Mamba– P13,155,000
- Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo– P9,067,000
- Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office head Ramon Carandang–P7,545,000
- Presidential Political Adviser Ronald Llamas–P5,017,800
- Justice Secretary Leila de Lima–P3,618,000
- Social Welfare and Development Secretary Corazon Soliman–P3,000,000
- Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz–P924,206.47
- Education Secretary Armin Luistro–P739,006.