NAIA: 12 flights diverted, 8 delayed, 2 canceled due to 'Gener'
(Updated 11:14 a.m.) - At least 12 flights were diverted to Pampanga while two were canceled due to bad weather conditions brought by Tropical Storm Gener (Saola), the Ninoy Aquino International Airport said Monday.
In a 7 a.m. flight advisory posted on its Twitter account, the NAIA said the affected flights included both international and domestic flights.
The diverted flights were sent to Clark in Pampanga, it said. The affected flights included:
Diverted to Clark:
- Oceana Airlines OZ-705, Busan to Manila (NAIA-1)
- Philippine Airlines PR-822, Davao to Manila (NAIA-2)
- PAL PR-469, Incheon to Manila (NAIA-2)
- PAL PR-512, Singapore to Manila (NAIA-2)
- PAL PR-417, Pusan to Manila (NAIA-2)
- PAL PR-311, Hong Kong to Manila (NAIA-2)
- AirPhil Express 2P-937, Cebu to Manila (NAIA-3)
- AirPhil Express 2P-988, Davao to Manila (NAIA-3)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-143, Hong Kong to Manila (NAIA-3)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-363, Macau to Manila (NAIA-3)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-311, Taipei to Manila (NAIA-3)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-258, Cambodia to Manila (NAIA-3)
Delayed due to bad weather conditions in Manila:
- PAL PR-856, Cebu to Manila (NAIA-2)
- PAL PR-104, Manila-San Francisco-Manila (NAIA-2)
- PAL PR-466, Manila to Incheon (NAIA-2)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-678, Manila to Shanghai (NAIA-3)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-195, Incheon to Manila (NAIA-3)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-751, Manila to Saigon (NAIA-3)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-190, Manila to Incheon (NAIA-3)
- Cebu Pacific 5J-801, Singapore to Manila (NAIA-3)
- Zest Airlines Z2-260, Manila to Masbate (NAIA-4)
- Zest Airlines Z2-261, Masbate to Manila (NAIA-4).
PAL: All flights green and go
Meanwhile, flag carrier Philippine Airlines on Monday assured its passengers its scheduled flights remain "green and go" despite bad weather conditions in Metro Manila.
But PAL, in a post on its Twitter account, said some "slight" delays in its scheduled flights for the day may be expected.
"All PAL flights are green and go, as of 11 a.m. There have been no cancellations due to weather. Slight delays may be expected," it said.
Since Sunday night, heavy rain and strong winds from the monsoon enhanced by tropical storm "Gener" (Saola) had affected Metro Manila and much of Luzon. — RSJ/KG, GMA News
Talk of the web