Fire razes Bulacan market
A fire believed caused by an electrical short circuit razed a public market in Bulacan province Friday night, destroying millions of pesos in property.
The fire at the Malolos Public Market started at 10 p.m. and was placed under control only after midnight Friday, dzBB radio reported early Saturday.
No one was initially reported injured in the fire, which reached Task Force Alpha before firefighters placed it under control.
Some 70 percent of the dry goods section was razed in the fire, arson investigators were quoted in the report as saying.
Also, arson investigators said they are verifying information that the fire started from a clothing store where a plugged-in appliance may have overheated.
They also said some P5 million in property may have been destroyed in the fire. — ELR, GMA News