A small fire breaks out at the Quezon City Hall
Amid torrential rains over Metro Manila, a 15-minute fire broke out at the Quezon City Hall around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday evening.
Quezon City Senior Fire Officer 2 Fortunato Alde told GMA News Online on Tuesday that, based on an initial investigation, the fire started at the building’s 12th floor air conditioner machine room. He pointed to the air conditioner’s faulty wiring as the cause of the fire incident.
The city hall’s security guard saw the smoke coming from the building and immediately reported it to the authorities, he said.
The incident was declared “fire out” within 15 minutes, at 9:30 pm.
No one was reported injured in the incident.
Alde noted that the fire damage was limited to the machine room. He would not venture an estimate as to the cost of the damage. — DVM, GNA News
Talk of the web