NDRRMC: Flash floods from 'Igme' affect 268 in north Luzon
Flash floods from Tropical Storm Igme (Tembin) have affected at least 268 people and damaged at least eight roads in Northern Luzon, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Monday.
In its 6 a.m. report, the NDRRMC also said the Coast Guard has enforced a no-sail policy off Cagayan, including Camiguin and Calayan, due to bad sea conditions.
Citing data as of 11:30 p.m. Sunday, the NDRRMC said the flash floods from Igme had affected 79 families or 268 people in six villages in Naguilian, Bacnotan and Burgos towns in La Union province.
The NDRRMC also said the eight roads damaged by Igme include:
- San Fernando-Bagulin Road, Km 284+000 and 274+500, not passable to all vehicles; Km 274+500, one lane passable; Km 274+000 to Km 281+000, one lane passable
- San Juan-San Gabriel Road, Km 280+000, one lane passable
- San Fernando Bypass Road (Bancusay Bridge), one lane passable
- Agoo-Baguio City Road, Km 247+700 to 247+800, one lane passable
- Bauang-Baguio City Road, Km 273+150, one lane passable
Ilocos Sur: Narvacan-Sulvec Port Road, Km 379+020 to Km 379+160, one lane passable
Benguet: Kabayan-Buguias-Abatan Road, closed due to landslide
Kalinga: Abra-Kalinga Road, closed due to landslide
The NDRRMC also said it went on red alert due to the potential threat from Igme. –KG, GMA News
Talk of the web