DOLE: P9.3-M insurance still unclaimed by over 450 Pinoy former workers in Korea
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) urged over 450 former overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Korea to collect their insurance claims amounting to P9.309 million.
In a statement, DOLE’s attached agency -- the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), said the insurance claims apply only to OFWs who worked under Korea’s Employment Permit System (EPS).
The POEA statement said the unclaimed insurance amounted to 251,578,800 won (or P9.309 million).
The list of 453 former Korea-based OFWs with unclaimed insurance can be accessed here.
“(POEA) Administrator (Hans Leo) Cacdac reported that Jeong Eun-Hee, Director General of the Human Resources Development (HRD) Service of Korea, has sought the POEA’s help in locating the OFW-claimants after the HRDS of Korea encountered difficulty in contacting them in the Philippines,” Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said.
How to claim the insurance
To claim the insurance, the HRDS Korea in the Philippines said workers under the EPS should:
1. Visit the Korea HRDS website at www.hrdkoreaph.com and check your name on the unclaimed insurance list.
2. If qualified, follow the guidelines. Fill out the application form and upload the requirements. Send them through the website.
3. The EPS Center will transfer the application forms to the head office after verification.
4. The insurance company (in South Korea) will verify the requirements again and remit the money to applicant’s bank account.
5. Once they have completed these requirements, the applicants will then receive the insurance money.
The documents required for the insurance claim include:
- the insurance application form
- photocopy of the front page of the passport, and
- photocopy of bank account.
The name of the claimant should be the same on both passport and bank account.
To submit the requirements through the website, www.hrdkoreaph.com, a claimant needs to:
- join as a member and then log in;
- look for the icon for unclaimed insurance and click;
- follow the guidelines and fill out the application form and attach the requirements, and
- submit the requirements.
The HRDS Korea in the Philippines said the receiving period for the claims is four to six weeks from the application date. - VVP, GMA News