GMA News Online
News
»
Metro Manila

Newly promoted MMDA constable loses mobile phone

August 26, 2012 1:43pm

Tags: MMDA
Less than a week after gaining "celebrity status" and a promotion, a Metropolitan Manila Development Authority traffic constable lost his mobile phone, an MMDA official said Sunday.

MMDA traffic discipline office head Yves Gonzalez warned the public not to fall for any claim coming from Saturnino Fabros' number making "solicitations."

"Fabros' cellphone got stolen. If you text his old number and the person on the other end tries to solicit anything from you, DONT BITE," Gonzalez said on his Twitter account.

Gonzalez did not give further details of how Fabros' phone was stolen.

Only last week, Fabros received a promotion and a medal for flagging down a motorist violating a traffic rule in Quezon City, and keeping his cool while he was assaulted.

He had filed a case of direct assault against motorist Robert Blair Carabuena and Carabuena's brother before the Quezon City Prosecutor's Office for the Aug. 11 incident.

Carabuena had apologized to him last week but Fabros said that while he has forgiven Carabuena, Carabuena still has to face in court the charges the MMDA filed.

Also last week, the Land Transportation Office preventively suspended Carabuena's driver's license pending an investigation of whether his license should be revoked. — LBG, GMA News
Go to comments

Tags: MMDA



We welcome healthy discussions and friendly debate! Please click Flag to alert us of a comment that may be abusive or threatening. Read our full comment policy here.
Comments Powered by Disqus