Team Pacquiao waiting for Cotto proposal before settling on December foe
Arum told BoxingScene.com that they have already received terms from Juan Manuel Marquez and Timothy Bradley, and that they are just waiting for Cotto, before a Pacquiao's next opponent can be finalized.
"It's a now a question of sorting out who and where," Arum said. "There is no hurry, we'll get it done by Monday or Tuesday, if not over the weekend.
"We don't have a final proposal from Cotto but we do have [one] from Marquez and Bradley, and once we get the Cotto position, then Pacquiao will make his decision."
A December fight date was also confirmed by Arum, after some back-and-forth between that month and the originally scheduled November 10 date. "I'm relaxed about it [the upcoming fight]," said Arum. "He [Pacquiao] said that he was going to fight either on the 1st or the 8th of December and that's the way it is."
Earlier in the week, Juan Manuel Marquez's promoter said that his fighter was "first in line" to face Pacquiao, which would make it the fourth time the two would meet in the ring.
Pacquiao also has an existing rematch clause with Timothy Bradley, who beat him in a controversial fight last June. A WBO-review later gave Pacquiao the victory, though Bradley still holds the WBO welterweight title, which he "won" in that bout.
Cotto meanwhile fought Pacquiao back in 2009, losing via TKO. - AMD, GMA News