Rain floods parts of Metro Manila, some roads not passable for light vehicles
In posts on its Twitter account, the MMDA said the floods in many of the affected areas were gutter-deep, while some were not passable for light vehicles.
Among the areas not passable for light vehicles were:
- Biak Na Bato, as of 7:21 p.m.
- Santolan Paterno, as of 7:29 p.m.
Areas where floods were gutter-deep included:
- Ma. Clara (corner) Araneta, as of 7 p.m.
- Aurora tunnel as of 7:05 p.m.
- POEA Ortigas as of 7:11 p.m.
Also experiencing gutter-deep floods were:
- SM Sta Mesa northbound, as of 7:03 p.m.
- R. Magsaysay Blvd., V. Mapa going Aurora, five inches, as of 7:05 p.m.
- EDSA Aurora tunnel northbound
Meanwhile Light Rail Transit Authority spokesman Hernando Cabrera noted floods in some areas near LRT-2 stations, including:
- Pureza, almost knee-deep
- Recto, Gilmore and V. Mapa, ankle-deep.
Cabrera also said flood levels reached almost the knee level near the LRT-1 R. Papa station. — BM, GMA News