GMA News Online
News
»
Metro Manila

Palace: Quezon-Araneta Avenues Interchange to open Sept. 28

September 23, 2012 2:47pm
After several months of suffering from traffic congestion, motorists passing through the Quezon Avenue and Araneta Avenue areas in Quezon City may finally get some relief when the underpass being constructed there is opened to traffic Friday.

Malacañang on Sunday said the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) had indicated the underpass will be opened to traffic on September 28.

“Makikita ng mga motorista na tapos na ang proyekto, ang target date sa aking pagkakaalam ay end of September," deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said on government-run dzRB radio.

But she said it is still not clear as of Sunday noon if President Benigno Aquino III will attend the opening of the underpass.

Valte said that when the DPWH started work on the underpass earlier this year, it already indicated it aims to finish the project by September.

“[Itinanong] natin ang date ng pagbubukas. Ang sabi ng DPWH, September 28," she said. — LBG, GMA News



We welcome healthy discussions and friendly debate! Please click Flag to alert us of a comment that may be abusive or threatening. Read our full comment policy here.
Comments Powered by Disqus
advertisement
advertisement
advertisement