(Updated 3:38 p.m.) - A total of 4,772 out of 9,987 examinees passed the Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination given by the Board of Accountancy on Sunday, the Professional Regulation Commission announced Monday.
Bren Sapnu Cruz and Celaica Castaritas Vibar, both from the University of Santo Tomas, topped the board exam with a rating of 94.14 percent.
They were followed by Trishia Julienne Cruz Simeon of the University of the Philippines-Diliman with a score of 93.71 percent.
Two examinees then shared the top three spot after they garnered a rating of 93.57 percent: Jerard Megg Depra Cordero of the University of the Philippines-Visayas-Iloilo City and Wayjorie Acop Depayso of St. Louis University.
The other students who made it to the top 10 are:
4. Marc Rodolf Briol Arca, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, 93.43;
Marc Francis Parayno Cagaoan, Colegio de Dagupan (for Computronix Coll.), 93.43
5. Mary Anne Jelli Enrile Gaza, UP-Diliman, 93.29
6. Jannen Baltero Barona, University of the East-Caloocan, 92.86;
Nilli Macabacyao Yu, UP-Visayas-Tacloban City, 92.86
7. Brad Neiel Tobias dela Cruz, UP-Diliman, 92.71;
Jannine Czarina Abella Torralba, Bicol University-Daraga, 92.71
8. Alison-Kay Asuncion dela Cruz, Wesleyan University Philippines-Cabanatuan, 92.57;
Dean Domingo Gamay, Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Main-Sta. Mesa, 92.57
9. Bryan Burguite Abanilla, Meycauayan College, 92.43;
Charlton Sean Duremdes Gaerlan II, UP-Diliman, 92.43;
Kervin Cortez Reyes, UST, 92.43
10. Lourd Angel Antonio de Vera Austero, University of the East-Manila, 92.29;
Tristan John Tumangan de Guzman, UST, 92.29;
Airish Blancia Ebreo, Notre Dame of Marbel University, 92.29;
Eloisa Pornebo Galang, UST, 92.29;
Catherine Figueroa Laxamana, Holy Angel University, 92.29
The full list of successful examinees can be viewed here
. The list puts Ñ after Z (example: Azurin comes before Añes).
The CPA board exam was given in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo and Legazpi.
Top performing schools
The PRC said UP-Diliman was the top performing school with a 100 percent passing rate (out of 94 examinees, 94 passed).
The other top performing schools with 50 or more examinees and with at least 80 percent passing percentage are:
- Bicol University-Daraga: 96.83 passing rate
- University of Santo Tomas: 93.09 percent passing rate
- University of Saint Louis-Tuguegarao: 89.23 percent
Successful examinees were advised to personally register with the PRC starting on Tuesday, November 6 until Friday, November 9.
Details of the oathtaking ceremony of the new CPAs will be announced later, the PRC said. –KG, GMA News