DOLE lines up over 100 job fairs in NCR for 2013
DOLE Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz urged jobseekers to give the job fairs a try, even as she hinted at possible additional job fairs later this year.
“The DOLE-NCR has already firmed up an initial 106 job fairs this year ... This is only an initial schedule. There will be many more job fairs, especially in the regions, for our job seekers this 2013,” she said in a news release.
She also said the DOLE plans to double the number of job fairs this year from the 1,553 job fairs it conducted nationwide last year.
The job fairs were held starting Jan. 5.
Baldoz also instructed DOLE regional directors to make their job fair schedules available early so these can be announced to the public.
“One of the advantages of visiting a DOLE job fair is that a job seeker spends less money and less timer and minimal effort to find a job because DOLE gathers as many employers as possible—whether local or overseas—under one roof," she said.
She also said the DOLE ensures its government partners bring in to the job fair their services, such as:
- birth certificate issuance services of the National Statistics Office
- clearance certificate issuance services of the National Bureau of Investigation and the Philippine National Police
- social security benefits programs of the Social Security System, and
- passport issuance services of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
The DOLE-Metro Manila's schedule of job fairs is as follows:
- January 12, 19, and 26: PESO Mandaluyong
- January 7, 14-18, 21, 23, 25, 28, and 30: PESO Taguig
- January 8: SM Supermarket Mandaluyong
- January 9: PESO Taguig and SM Homeworld Mandaluyong
- January 11: E-performax Mandaluyong, PESO Makati-Pasay, and PESO Taguig
- January 22: SM Supermarket and PESO Mandaluyong
- January 25: PESO Makati
- February 4, 5, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, and 27: PESO Taguig
- February 8, 11, and 15: PESO Pasay
- February 16 and 23: PESO Mandaluyong
- March 1: PESO Muntinlupa
- March 22: PESO Quezon City and Pasay
- April 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, and 12: PESO Taguig
- April 12 and 26: Special Job Fair in PESO Makati and Pasay
- April 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, and 29: PESO Taguig
- May 1: SM Super Center Mega Job Fair Muntinlupa
- May 6, 8, 22, 24, 29 and 31: PESO Taguig
- May 10: Mega Job Fair PESO Makati and Pasay
- June 3, 5, 7, 10, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24, and 28: PESO Taguig
- June 21: Mega Job Fair PESO Quezon City and PESO Pasay
- July 6, 26, and 27: PESO Mandaluyong
- July 12 and 26: PESO Pasay
- August 3, 10, 16, 17, 21, and 31: PESO Mandaluyong
- August 16: Mega Job Fair PESO Pasay
- September 6: Mega Job Fair PESO Quezon City
- September 7, 14, and 28: PESO Mandaluyong
- September 13 and 27: PESO Pasay
- October 5, 12, 19, 25, and 26: PESO Mandaluyong
- October 11 and 25: Special Job Fair PESO Makati and Pasay
- November 8: Special Job Fair PESO Makati and Pasay
- November 15: Mega Job Fair PESO Quezon City
- December 2: Mega Job fair PESO Makati and Pasay.
* 12 job fairs for overseas employment
Baldoz said that of the 106 job fairs, only 12 are for overseas employment.
"There are plenty of available jobs locally and that job seekers only need to qualify to avail themselves of these employment opportunities,” she said.
She also said the job fairs this year include mega job fairs, city and municipal fairs, in-house job fairs, mini-job fairs, and even barangay job fairs.
These will be held in accessible venues, including city and municipal halls, Public Employment Service Offices, schools, sports gyms, and malls.
Meanwhile, Baldoz urged employers in need of workers to signify their intention to join the job fairs by visiting the DOLE’s nearest field offices in Metro Manila as well as the DOLE’s regional offices.
She also urged job seekers to prepare themselves for the job fairs.
The DOLE posts the schedules online via the government’s job and skills matching portal, PhilJobNet, at www.phil-job.net, and on the websites of the DOLE’s regional offices. - VVP, GMA News