Filipino Catholics overseas and those who cannot physically take part in the traditional Visita Iglesia this year can now do so if they have an Internet connection.
The Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines activated late Wednesday its "Visita Iglesia Online" site, which now features more churches to virtually visit.
The site is aimed particularly at Filipinos who are busy, bedridden, or based abroad.
For this year, the virtual tour
of churches in the Philippines includes 360-degree views of at least 44 churches nationwide. The churches featured in the Visita Iglesia include:
- San Sebastian Church, Manila
- Sanctuario de Sto. Cristo, San Juan City
- San Agustin Church, Manila
- National Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Baclaran
- Manila Cathedral
- San Ildefonso Parish, Guiguinto, Bulacan
- Epiphany of the Lord Parish, Lingayen, Pangasinan
- Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion Parish, Bulakan, Bulacan
- Barasoain Church, Malolos, Bulacan
- San Fabian Church, Pangasinan
- Parish Church of St. Lawrence Deacon and Martyr, Balagtas, Bulacan
Aside from the virtual tour, the site
also features Lenten and Holy Week catechesis, the Way of the Cross, and the Pasyon. It also features the Papal Lent message of Pope Francis and podcasts of the Word of Life. — ELR, GMA News