GMA News Online
News
»
Metro Manila

Fire hits basement of GMA building

September 29, 2013 9:25pm
(Updated 7:48am) Fire broke out at the basement of the GMA Network center Sunday evening, temporarily knocking off power in the building and interrupting regular TV programs.
 
Several electrical panels were burned and firemen had to use breathing apparatus to put out the blaze at the second level parking basement, said Col. Samuel Tadeo, deputy district fire marshal in Quezon City.
 
The staff was immediately evacuated shortly after 9 p.m. when smoke was seen coming out of the driveway near the corner of Timog Avenue and EDSA. Firemen quickly responded, putting out the blaze at 9:45 p.m.
 
No one was reported hurt and the cause of the fire had yet to be established as of posting time.

GMA Network released the following statement Monday morning: "We are currently assessing the damage that has temporarily affected our operations. We assure our viewers and the public that measures are being taken to restore normal operations at the soonest possible time." Danny Manalo/YA/AMD, GMA News



advertisement
advertisement
advertisement