Senator Grace Poe on Thursday quashed rumors she will drop out of the presidential race amid the decline in her survey ratings over the past few weeks.
In a news conference in Makati City, Poe slammed those spreading rumors she will concede so the voters' choices for president in the upcoming polls will be lessened.
"Sa mga iba diyan na nagsasabi na dapat ay pagbigyan na lang ang iba para dalawa na lang ang naglalaban, sino ba sila para magsabi kung sino ang dapat pipiliin ng ating mga kababayan?" she asked.
Poe said she will not enter into a deal with any entity to withdraw from the presidential race.
"Hindi po tayo sindikato na makikipag-ayusan kahit kanino para mawalan ng opsyon ang ating mga kababayan.
"Hindi rin ito isang transaksyon para ibenta ang mga pangarap ng ating mga kababayan kaya para doon sa mga nagkakalat ng mga kuwento na ako ay susuko, isipin niyo kung ano ang pinagdaanan nating lahat," she said.
Poe said she had to set the record straight since she has been recently receiving reports and texts asking her to confirm if she has indeed withdrawn from the presidential race.
The neophyte senator had been the consistent frontrunner in the presidential race before being overtaken by Duterte in pre-election surveys conducted in late March to early April.
The mayor has managed to retain his lead despite being hounded by controversies involving his remarks on rape and alleged undeclared wealth.
While the results of the elections remain to be anyone's guess, Poe said the public does not want a "sellout" candidate who would back out at the last minute.
"Ang pinakaayaw ng ating mga kababayan ay ibebenta mo ang iyong paninindigan at sarili. They don’t want a sell-out when it comes to these things, especially when you are fighting for their aspirations, and when you are fighting for their beliefs as well..." she said.
Poe urged voters to be wary of information about candidates coming out ahead of the election day because they might just be a ploy to condition their minds. —KG/APG, GMA News