Just One Summer
His dad has only one condition for Daniel before he signs – he wants his son to spend summer with him. Simple lang kung tutuusin. But not for Daniel. He hates his dad. He has hated him ever since he left their family and went back to the province to take care of his farm. Kaya naman spending time with his dad, during his last summer in the country is the last thing on his mind. Pero wala siyang magawa. Kailangan niya ang pirma ng ama.
Ang problema—hindi talaga natanggap sa scholarship si Berto. At hindi niya alam kung paano sasabihin sa ama, kaya naman maghahanap siya ng paraan para makapag-ipon ng pang-tuition on her own. Dahil dito, lalapit siya kay Sir Dan Senior, para bigyan siya ng trabaho sa farm. Kahit anong trabaho, willing siya.
This is the story of a wounded, teenage boy forced to spend time with the father he hates; a father who wants to reconnect with a son who has shut him out of his life; of a clueless, provincial girl who will make it all a bit easier simply by being in-love and by being loved by one boy. Three changed lives in just one summer.
Daniel Cuaresma Junior - played by Elmo Magalona
- A rich and rebellious boy who has to endure an entire summer with the father he hates so he can get a signature he so desperately needs so he can go abroad to med school.
Beto - played by Julie Anne San Jose
- A simple girl from the province that is tasked to look after Daniel for the summer as a way to make enough money to pay for her own dreams of going to college
Daniel Cuaresma Senior - played by Joel Torre
- A fair and generous boss; loved, respected and highly regarded by the farm people but deeply estranged from his own son.
Irene Luna Cuaresma - played by Alice Dixon
- A successful doctor, very driven and focused. She wants her son to have the best in life, which is why she agrees to have him spend the summer with his father from whom she is separated.
Juliet - played by Cherry Pie Picache
- Daniel Senior's partner. She likes to live the quiet provincial life and wants for Nyel and his father to reconcile.
Berting - played by Buboy Garovillo
- Beto's loving father trying his best to raise his daughter Berting on his own.
Lola Meding - played by Gloria Romero
- Beto's wise grandmother