The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) said Wednesday it has released an additional P1 billion to local government units (LGUs) in regions ravaged by Typhoon Odette.
The latest release follows the initial P1 billion released by the DBM last week after President Rodrigo Duterte pledged to release funds from his office to aid LGUs affected by the calamity in their recovery efforts.
The DBM computed the following allocations for the respective Odette-hit regions:
- Region IV-B - P84.38 million
- Region VI - P248.35 million
- Region VII - P202.66 million
- Region VIII - P115.43 million
- Region X - P84.37 million
- Region XIII - 264.81 million
“The allocations for the respective regions were computed based on the number of affected households and on the proportionate amount of damages incurred by Typhoon Odette on the region’s infrastructure and agricultural sectors, as recently reported by the Department of Social Welfare and Development,” the DBM said.
In total, the Budget department has released P2 billion for LGUs hit by the typhoon, allocated as follows:
“The total funding requirement was also charged from the FY (fiscal year) 2021 Contingent Fund and shall similarly be downloaded to the respective authorized government servicing banks of the LGUs by the Bureau of the Treasury,” the DBM said.
The DBM said it will issue a local budget circular to provide guidelines on the release and use of the financial assistance.
The confirmed fatalities due to Typhoon Odette has climbed from 59 on Tuesday to 63 on Wednesday, according to the latest report by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC). Twelve were still missing while 74 were injured. Meanwhile, the NDRRMC is still verifying 334 more reported deaths, 71 missing, and 1,073 injured.
At least 531,128 houses were damaged — 358,834 partially and 172,294 totally. A total of P16,715,334,982 worth of damage in infrastructure and P5,517,549,728 in agriculture were also reported. —KG, GMA News