Filtered By: News
News

Fire hits textile warehouse in Manila


A fire believed caused by an electrical short circuit razed a warehouse in Manila's Tondo district before dawn Friday.
 
The fire started past 4 a.m. and reached the fourth alarm by 5 a.m., radio dzBB's Luisito Santos reported.



The fire was contained as of 11 a.m., GMA News' Lei Alviz reported on GMA News TV's Balitanghali.
 
No one was initially reported injured.
 
Initial investigation showed the fire started at the second floor of the warehouse on Antonio Rivera Street.
 
The warehouse is believed to store children's items such as toys, the report said.
 
A separate report by GMA News' Vonne Aquino on GMA News TV's News TV Live said firefighters were still trying to battle the blaze at the Philippine National Railways compound past 7 a.m., and were trying to keep it from spreading to other structures in the compound.
 
On the other hand, dzBB's Carlo Mateo said the PNR's operations remained normal as of Friday morning.
 
Investigators suspect the fire stemmed from an electrical short circuit.
 
They said the items inside the warehouse are to be delivered to malls. —Joel Locsin/KG, GMA News
Tags: manilafire, fire
LOADING CONTENT