The family claiming to be the kin of the victim whose body parts were found stuffed in a sack near the Senate on Wednesday proceeded to the Pasay City Police Station on Thursday to identify the victim.
According to reports from Vonne Aquino on "Unang Balita," the family believes the remains belong to their 'padre de pamilya,' Raymundo Bacordo, based on how the hands looked and the scar on the left leg.
Bacordo had been missing since Tuesday. Meanwhile, the chopped off arms and legs of the unidentified victim was found by a vendor on Wednesday at around 5:00 a.m.
The police took fingerprints from the chopped off arms for submission to the Philippine National Police headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City to determine if these are stored in the Automated Fingerprint Identification System.
On the "Unang Balita" report on Thursday, one of Bacordo's relatives, who refused to be identified said, when they heard of news reports about the "chop-chop" victim found in Pasay, they initially did not want to believe it was Bacordo.
“Hindi po namin iniisip na siya po yun kasi positive lagi po kami na hindi po siya yun nung nakita na po namin yung kamay at paa na may peklat, kinabahan na po kami. At siya yun,” the relative said.
The relatives hope the rest of the remains could be found to confirm the identity of the victim.
According to the family, Bacordo was last seen on Tuesday noon when he left the house aboard their new vehicle.
Bacordo reportedly had P500,000 with him when he left the house on Tuesday. “Pag siya po ay may malaking pera, dinederetso po agad sa bangko,” a relative said.
“Dala po niya ay Montero. Wala man lang nagpasabi kung aalis hanggang sa itext na po siya... di na po siya tumatawag,” he said.
The report said Bacordo was engaged in the buying and selling of motor vehicles and had a knack for wearing expensive jewelry.
The Pasay City police said if the body parts do belong to Bacordo, one of the possible motives for the murder could be car theft. — Joseph Tristan Roxas/VVP, GMA News