The suspect in the hit-and-run incident in Pasig City earlier this week that killed a woman and injured her partner in Pasig City surrendered to authorities on Saturday.
The suspect was identified as Adrian Russel King Carlos, the 29-year-old driver who allegedly hit live-in partners Rossana Ugto and Mark Joseph Belen, according to a report by Isa Avendaño-Umali on Super Radyo dzBB.
Carlos personally went to the Pasig City Police Headquarters to surrender.
The footage of the incident went viral on social media where a car was seen overtaking the live in partners' motor vehicle early Tuesday morning. The car then swerved and hit the rear end of the motorcycle.
Both victims were hurt in the incident, with Ugto falling into a coma. She died three days later, on Friday, at 10 p.m.
Carlos said he surrendered because he wanted to give justice to the victims, and he also thought for days if he was indeed the suspect in the viral video.
Carlos and Belen faced each other, where the suspect personally asked for forgiveness and said he wanted "to set things right."
"Again, I'm very very sorry," said the suspect in an interview with the media.
Carlos said he is ready to answer the hospital fees and the funeral of Ugto.
Pasig City Police Chief Rizalito Gapas said Carlos Carlos expected to undergo inquest proceedings for several charges, including reckless driving.
When asked whether he was drunk or was under the influence of drugs at the time of the incident, Carlos claimed his mind was sound and in good condition.
He, however, said he did not notice that he had overtaken and hit Ugto and Belen's motorcycle.
Belen found Carlos' explanation hard to believe, saying it was impossible for the suspect to not have seen their vehicle. — MDM, GMA News