The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is eyeing to open all 31 rationalized city bus routes in Metro Manila by June 19 as public transport services remain limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
LTRFB chairman Martin Delgra III gave the projection in a televised briefing on Tuesday as he reported that 15 bus routes have already been opened.
The 15 bus routes are as follows:
- Route 8 (Cubao-Montalban)
- Route 24 (PITX-Alabang)
- Route 25 (BGC-Alabang)
- Portion of Route E (EDSA Carousel)
*to augment MRT-3/partial operational
- Route 1 (Monument-Balagtas)
- Route 3 (Monumento-Valenzuela Gateway Complex)
- Route 5 (Quezon Avenue-Lift)
- Route 7 (Quezon Avenue-Montalban)
- Route 9 (Cubao-Antipolo)
*to augment LRT-2
- Route 11 (Gilmore-Taytay)
- Route 13 (Buendia-BGC)
- Route 17 (Monument-EDSA Taft)
*to augment LRT-1
- Route 18 (PITX-NAIA Loop)
- Route 21 (Monument-San Jose Del Monte)
- Route 28 (PITX-Dasmariñas)
“Tuloy tuloy po ito,” Delgra said.
In a separate statement, the LTFRB reminded the operators and drivers of public utility buses to follow minimum health standards such as wearing face masks and gloves and cleaning and disinfecting the unit before and after every travel or every two hours.
They must also place a barrier made of non-permeable and transparent materials, and comply with the regulation on passenger seating capacity. — RSJ, GMA News