advertisement
Filtered By: News
News

29 arrested in QC resto-bar for violating IATF guidelines


Twenty-nine people were arrested on Friday night at a resto-bar in Novaliches, Quezon City for violating government guidelines during general community quarantine (GCQ).

Among the 29 are 19 customers including two minors aged 17 and 19, and 10 resto-bar employees, according to a report by Jonathan Andal on Dobol B sa News TV on Saturday.

Authorities conducted surveillance on Karosa Resto-Bar and discovered that a birthday videoke party was held Friday night with people drinking alcohol.

Task Force Disiplina operatives and the Philippine National Police then conducted the arrest.

Those arrested said they were not aware that the resto-bar is not allowed to operate.

Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez earlier said bars are still not allowed to operate in areas under GCQ.

“Bars are not allowed under GCQ. But, its restaurant dining function (can open) up to 9 p.m.,” Lopez said.

Last month, 100 people were arrested at a resto-bar in Makati City, among them actor KC Montero.

Under the guidelines of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, bars are not yet allowed to open in areas under GCQ. They will only be allowed to open in areas under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) at a reduced operating capacity.

Those below 21 years old are also not allowed to go out of their residences.

The quarantine measures were put in place to address the COVID-19 threat. —KG, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT