Some 13 U-turn slots along EDSA -- the Philippines' busiest highway -- are set to be closed to make way for the designated bus lane, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Sunday.
According to MMDA spokesperson Celian Pialago, the 13 U-turn slots are located in four cities -- Caloocan, Quezon, Makati, and Pasay.
Below are the planned alternate routes:
- General Tinio U-turn Slot
- De Jesus Street/8th street left-turning
- General Malvar U-turn slot
All affected vehicles must take a turn at Monumento Circle (northbound towards southbound) and Balintawak Cloverleaf (southbound towards northbound) to destination.
Vehicles coming from NLEX (North of Luzon) towards or taking a left at A. De Jesus/8th Street must go straight or take A. Bonifacio Avenue, then right at C3/Sgt. Rivera to destination
- Balintawak Market U-turn slot in front of BPI bank
- Kaingin Road U-turn slot in front of Nissan
- Congressional LRT Station U-turn slot in front of PANORAMA
- Corregidor intersection / Bansalangin U-turn slots
- U-turn slots in front of Quezon City Academy
- North Avenue U-turn slots before MRT North Avenue Station
All affected vehicles must take a U-turn at Balintawak Cloverleaf (northbound towards southbound) and Quezon Avenue (southbound towards northbound) to destination.
- Santolan/Boni Serrano U-turn slot in front of Camp Crame
All affected vehicles along EDSA and coming from White Plains must take a U-turn using the service road/intersection under Santolan flyover (northbound towards southbound) to destination.
- Buendia U-turn slot under the Kalayaan Flyover
All affected vehicles coming from Guadalupe (southbound to northbound) using Buendia U-turn slot must take a U-turn using the service road/intersection of EDSA/Ayala Avenue to destination
- P.Celle U-turn slots
- U-turn slot before Roxas Boulevard near Heritage Hotel
All affected vehicles coming from FB Harrison (northbound to southbound) take under Magallanes flyover U-turn slot and vehicles coming from southbound to northbound must take the signalized intersection or MOA Circle.
To recall, Pialago in May said EDSA will initially be converted as a "connecting road," along with changes designating lanes solely for bikes and buses. — DVM, GMA News