Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) chief Wilkins Villanueva on Tuesday said he will resign if there will be evidence showing that their agents actually sold drugs to the police during the bungled buy-bust operation near a mall in Quezon City last week.
Villanueva challenged those who are claiming that PDEA agents sold drugs to Philippine National Police (PNP) personnel to release a CCTV footage.
“Magsasalita ka kung may makikita kang ebidensya na nandyan. CCTV ang patunay. Magpalabas sila ng CCTV na nagbentahan ang PDEA at pulis. Magreresign ako right now,” he said.
“Magpalabas kayo ng ebidensya na CCTV na nagbenta ang PDEA at kayo ang bumili. Doon kaso na ‘yun. I will resign immediately,” he added.
The PDEA chief earlier said sell-busts or posing to sell illegal drugs to arrest drug suspects are illegal.
Villanueva pointed out that it was earlier agreed that they cannot talk about the case without evidence.
“National Bureau of Investigation ang nagsabi, ‘Nasaan ang droga, nasaan ang pera, at nasaan doon ang ebidensya?’” he said.
“Kasi nga sinasabi noong press conference. Huwag muna tayong magsalita kung walang ebidensya kasi hearsay lang ‘yun,” he added.
On Sunday, the NBI said the drugs and the marked money from the failed anti-drug operation had yet to be turned over four days after the shootout between PDEA and PNP.
The NBI is now in close coordination with both the PNP and the PDEA for more evidence to be surrendered.
On Monday, PNP said they already turned over some of the evidence like cellphones, guns, slugs, and the boodle money.
“That is all we have now and na-turn over na po ‘yung iba, and the rest we are waiting for the complete turnover of these evidence to the NBI,” PNP Crime Laboratory Director Brigadier Steve Ludan said.
PNP chief Police General Debol Sinas said, “As to the impact of those evidence, pabayaan na lang muna ang NBI ang magsalita.”—Joviland Rita/AOL, GMA News