Filtered By: News
This was how Commission on Elections chairman Sixto Brillantes Jr. said he replies to recent threats sent to him via text messaging.
In a radio interview Tuesday, Brillantes said he continues to receive text threats, after he started investigating some anomalies at the Comelec.
"Sinasagot ko pa nga, sabi ko 'Thank you'," Brillantes said in an interview on dwIZ radio.
He said some of the messages would tell him to "slow down" in his investigation.
Brillantes said the threats will not stop him from his investigation.
"Ako, hindi ko masyadong pinapansin [ang mga threat] pero dumadami na ngayon," he said.
On Monday, the Philippine National Police said it was verifying a reported death threat against Brillantes.
PNP chief Director General Nicanor Bartolome said Monday they have so far not turned up any information to bolster the reported death threat.
"So far wala pa kaming update dito but just the same ive-verify natin, iche-check natin," Bartolome said in an interview on dwIZ radio.
Earlier reports quoted Comelec spokesman James Jimenez as saying that Brillantes started receiving death threats when he investigated the financial problems of the commission.
Brillantes earlier revealed that he had discovered an estimated P125 million worth of unliquidated funds by poll officials and personnel.
Aside from unliquidated funds, Brillantes had also been looking at other irregularities in the Comelec, such as falsification of checks and unchecked overtime payments. — RSJ, GMA News