Filtered By: News
News

Power-line spark disrupts work in Batasan building


(Updated 7:50 p.m.) A spark at the electrical line of the Batasang Pambansa building in Quezon City momentarily disrupted work at the House of Representatives on Wednesday.
 
House Secretary-General Marilyn Baura-Yap said smoke, which originated from the electrical room located at first floor of the south wing lobby, set off the fire alarm at 6 p.m. Wednesday. She added that people near the area were immediately evacuated after the alarm.
 
Pinalabas lang iyong mga tao habang vineverify as part of ‘yung safety precautions namin,” she said in an interview over GMA News TV Live.
 
No congressional records were affected by the spark, she said in a separate phone interview.  
In a text message, she said the smoke was caused by faulty wiring inside the electrical box near the building’s elevator. As a result of the incident, House employees whose offices were affected by the power-line spark were sent home.
 
Baura-Yap said personnel from the House engineering department and the Quezon City fire department were fixing the situation as of posting time. — Andreo Calonzo/RSJ/KBK, GMA News
LOADING CONTENT