advertisement
Filtered By: News
News

Alleged De Lima sex videos to be ignored in confirmation hearing


The alleged sex videos of Justice Secretary Leila de Lima will not be considered during the Cabinet offiicial's confirmation hearing on Wednesday, Senator Aquilino Pimentel III said Tuesday.
 
Pimentel, Commission on Appointments (CA) justice committee chairman, said in an interview that the supposed sex videos are "immaterial" to De Lima's confirmation.
 
"Hindi ako papatol sa tsismis, lalo na kung alleged lang yan. Alam mo, you have to authenticate, so hindi na po tayo papasok sa ganyan," Pimentel told reporters.
 
He added that the alleged sex videos already will not affect De Lima's confirmation, since the Cabinet official already has the support of majority of the CA panel's members.
 
"The House delegation votes as a block, and most likely they will vote for the confirmation, plus one more, that makes a majority... Totoo o hindi totoo, wala na pong bearing iyan," Pimentel said.
 
Whistleblower Sandra Cam was earlier quoted in media reports as saying that she received four cuts of De Lima’s supposed sex videos with her driver and bodyguard.
 
Last week, Cam attempted to block De Lima's confirmation citing various issues involving the justice chief, including incompetence and supposed "illicit affairs." 
 
De Lima, however, refused to answer questions on her personal life during her confirmation hearing. 
 
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte earlier asked Cam not to use the CA as a venue for “whatever ax it is you have to personally grind” against De Lima— Andreo Calonzo/RSJ, GMA News
LOADING CONTENT