Filtered By: News
News
'WALA NA SIYANG NAKITA KUNDI AKO'

Roxas hits back at Duterte calling him 'incompetent'


Former Interior Secretary Mar Roxas has challenged fellow presidential candidate Rodrigo Duterte to reveal his plans for presidency following the latter's criticism of the Liberal Party's standard bearer.

"Sabihin na lang niya kung anong gagawin niya sa ating bansa, ano bang plano niya. Wala na siyang nakita kundi ako. Ako may plano ako: trabaho, katiyakan, at pag-asa ang ating inihahain para sa ating mga kababayan," Roxas said in a report by Saleema Refran on Friday's "24 Oras."

Roxas thinks Duterte is targeting him after he surpassed the Davao mayor in recent electoral polls.

"Alam niyo, pababa siya sa survey kaya ako na naman ang nahahanap niya. Ako na lang palagi ang nakikita niya para ipataas ang sarili niya," Roxas sniped.

President Benigno Aquino III's anointed one reacted after the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) candidate spoke negatively about Roxas earlier this week.

"He's a friend, but really incompetent and maybe useless as a president. He's the most incompetent Filipino ever to aspire for the presidency," Duterte said.

No Romualdez

Meanwhile, Roxas toured Tacloban City without Mayor Alfred Romualdez, with whom the secretary exchanged heated words with at a disaster preparedness forum after Typhoon Yolanda ravaged Visayas in 2013.

In a text message to GMA News, Romualdez said he left for Manila before Roxas' visit, though he welcomed the candidate's visit to his city.

"I just got back from a meeting in Manila I apparently missed him. I always welcome any visit by any public official in our city. Also an opportunity for him as a candidate to explain his platform to the people," Romualdez wrote. —Rie Takumi/JST, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT