President Rodrigo Duterte said he had some "revealing things" to say about the case of Janet Lim-Napoles, the alleged mastermind of the pork barrel fund scam that has implicated several government officials.
"Let us revisit the Napoles case. I have some revealing things to tell you about it. You just wait," Duterte said in a news conference early Sunday morning.
He also linked his nemesis, Senator Leila De Lima, to the case.
"The Napoles case should deserve a second look," said Duterte. "For it also involves corruption and De Lima."
Duterte last week tagged De Lima as having been involved in the drug trade in the National Bilibid Prison. De Lima has denied all the allegations.
While he refused to give further details, Duterte railed about the "billions and billions of pesos lost" for the Philippine government over the scam.
Duterte also expressed concern over the fact that top lawmakers involved in the case, while in detention, have not yet been found guilty
"Several lawmakers are inside, but only because the charge, the accusation is non-bailable," he said, ruing the possibility that the lawmakers may be acquitted.
"That is not enough vindication for the Filipino people," he added.
Plunder raps have been filed against Napoles and Senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada and Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. in connection with the alleged misuse of their Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF).
Estrada and Revilla remain in detention, while Enrile was released by the Supreme Court earlier this year due to health and age reasons.
Duterte promised to bring those involved to justice.
"If that is the only thing I'll have to do until the end of my term, I will do it," he said. — JST, GMA News