Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr. on Tuesday said his family had no knowledge about any compromise agreement with the government as regards their family’s wealth.
“The Marcos family has no knowledge or information on the apparent exchange and service of document between Attorney Lozano and the office of Secretary Sal Panelo,” Marcos said in a statement.
The former senator was referring to lawyer Oliver Lozano, a Marcos loyalist, and chief presidential legal counsel Salvador Panelo.
“As a point of information, Attorney Oliver Lozano does not represent any member of the Marcos family or the estate of the late President Ferdinand Marcos,” Marcos added.
Panelo earlier said his office received a draft from Lozano, but added that “no action” has been taken on the proposal.
"[Lozano] submitted a draft. Apparently he drafted. He wrote our office and attach that draft. He has been submitting a lot of proposals and suggestions. Our office just acknowledges receipt of the same and thank him for his suggestions,” Panelo said.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque has also denied that the Duterte administration has reached a deal with the late strongman’s heirs as regards the family’s wealth.
In August last year, Duterte claimed that the Marcos family had expressed willingness to return alleged ill-gotten wealth, including a few gold bars. —NB, GMA News