The military unleashed two airstrikes in Sulu on Tuesday after President Rodrigo Duterte declared an all-out war against the bandit Abu Sayyaf Group.
According to Marisol Abdurahman's report on "24 Oras," the military launched one airstrike in Patikul and another in Indanan after members of the Abu Sayyaf group (ASG) were sighted.
Troops also launched a ground assault in which heavy artillery was fired at enemy territory.
"We are utilizing all the military, our every might, dito sa...pagtugis nitong mga sa Abu Sayyaf. Wala namang ano ito, yung intensity, as intense as before," said Brigadier General Divino Rey Pabayo, commander of Joint Task Force Sulu.
Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo earlier in the day said Duterte had declared an "all out war" after two explosions tore through the Mount Carmel Cathedral in Jolo during Sunday mass.
At least 21 people were killed while almost 100 others were injured in the terror attack.
"He (Duterte) just said all-out war, maybe against the perpetrators and for that matter all enemies of state in the region," Panelo said.
In a speech, the President had also ordered his Armed Forces to "destroy" the terrorist group named the prime suspect in the deadly twin bombings.
“I ordered you to destroy the organization. I’m ordering you now: Pulpugin ninyo ang Abu Sayyaf by whatever means,” the President said in his speech, a transcript of which was released by Malacañang.
“Meron man tayong helicopter, may eroplano, may mga barko. Eh iyong mga bala natin diyan sa mga kanyon ninyo...paputukin na ninyo. I-bomba muna ninyo lahat, magbili na tayo ng bagong stock," he added. —NB, GMA News