Filtered By: News
News

Persons under probe for 2019-nCoV infection climbs to 178 — DOH


The number of persons under investigation (PUI) for possible 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infection has risen to 178, the Department of Health (DOH) said Thursday.

At a press briefing, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said that out of the 178 PUIs, three have tested positive for 2019-nCoV as earlier reported, 48 have tested negative, while 127 are still pending confirmation.

Duque added that 147 PUIs are isolated in hospitals, 16 have been discharged but are under strict monitoring, while 10 have refused admission.

“I urge everyone to please cooperate. Makisama naman kayo… para talagang ating mapigilan ang pagkalat nito,” Duque appealed.

The health secretary said he will enlist the help of the Philippine National Police to compel the 10 PUIs to admit themselves to a hospital.

The Philippines’ three confirmed 2019-nCoV cases are two Chinese nationals with a history of travel to the outbreak’s epicenter of Wuhan, China, and a 44-year-old Chinese male who earlier became the first 2019-nCoV fatality outside of China.

The 2019-nCoV has so far claimed over 500 lives worldwide and infected over 28,000 others. — RSJ, GMA News