The DOH Epidemiology Bureau has traced 468 contacts of the fourth to tenth confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, the Department of Health announced on Friday.
One hundred thirteen of the contacts have been assessed and 107 have been placed under home quarantine.
Six of the 468 traced contacts have been isolated and classified as persons under investigation for possible COVID-19 infection.
Assistant Secretary Maria Rosario Vergeire indicated that the DOH and local government units had agreed that the health department would give the media information on where COVID-19 cases were hospitalized.
The LGUs will identify the patients’ areas of residence.
“May usapan na po na pagkatapos magdeklara ng DOH, sila naman po ay puwedeng mag-declare ng press conferences nila,” Vergeire said.
The health official also said that the DOH’s existing stock of test kits is currently a little above 2,000.
The World Health Organization is set to donate an additional 1,000 kits this week.
Ten more cases
The Philippines on Monday recorded 10 more cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 20.
Vergeire said the results of the testing conducted on samples collected from March 6 to 8 were released earlier in the day.
She added that authorities are now conducting contact tracing.
“Rest assured that the Department of Health (DOH) is maximizing all channels... to immediately identify and isolate, if needed, those who had contact with confirmed cases,” Health Secretary Francisco Duque III was quoted in a statement as saying. —NB, GMA News