Foreign nationals who wish to leave the Philippines amid the Luzon-wide quarantine should be allowed to do so without “any impediment,” the government body overseeing measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 said.
The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) made this clear in a resolution passed on Tuesday, a copy of which was released to the media on Wednesday.
“Overseas Filipino workers, permanent residents of foreign jurisdictions and stranded foreign nationals leaving for abroad through any of the ports in Luzon shall be allowed to leave the Philippines without any impediment,” the resolution stated.
Previously, the Philippines required these individuals proof of international travel itinerary scheduled within 24 hours.
Stranded passengers, whether Filipino or foreigners, are also allowed to book hotels and seek temporary accommodations, the IATF said, following reports that some hotels kicked out foreign guests.
Outbound and repatriated OFWs and stranded foreign nationals will be granted free and unimpeded access to and from government facilities such as airports, ferries and bus terminals.
The free access is also extended to vehicles carrying these individuals to their final destination.
“No fee or any other requirement shall be imposed by the LGUs [local government units] in this regard,” the IATF said. —LDF, GMA News