The national government is looking to release funds under a Livelihood Assistance Grant on or before April 14, President Rodrigo Duterte said in his second weekly report as regards the administration's programs in response to COVID-19.
In a 22-page report to Congress, Duterte said the Sustainable Livelihood Program-National Program Management Office had been crafting supplemental guidelines for the release of the LAG.
"[This] is set to be released to the DSWD Field Offices on or before Aptil 14, 2020. The LAG may be used by beneficiaries as seed capital to start up new or enhance existing micro-enterprises among others," Duterte said.
Low-income families, particularly those who are on a no-work, no-pay basis, have been hard hit by the enhanced community quarantine implemented in the whole of Luzon.
The national government has already set aside P200 billion for the cash assistance to identified beneficiary households for two months. -NB, GMA News