President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday said aid will not be given to residents caught engaging in drinking sessions and cockfights amid the enhanced community quarantine.
In another nighttime national address, Duterte asked the Department of the Interior and Local Government to investigate these lockdown violators.
"Alam mo sa totoo lang yung kayong nag sasabong pati nag inuman, ibig sabihin may pera kayo [...] do not expect any help from me," Duterte said.
"Sabihin ko talaga. Sorry na lang. May pera pala kayo pang sabong, may pera pala kayong pang-inom. E'di ibigay ko na lang. There's not enough to go around. Hindi talaga mag-kasya," he added.
Duterte said government aid should only go to those who need it most.
"Yung counting natin na pamilya in a family. Mag tanong tayo ilan sila. Kaya 'yung assistance binibigay ng gobyerno, eh, dapat talaga gamitin ninyo sa wastong paraan," the President said.
"Kulang na kulang pala, ibigay ko na lang sa nangangailangan at wala na mapuntahan," he added.
Several residents of Santa Rosa, Laguna on Thursday were caught involved in a cockfighting activity.
Meanwhile, residents of Biñan, also in Laguna, were caught violating the curfew and the liquor ban.
On Tuesday, residents in Bacoor, Cavite were also caught drinking and gambling amid the liquor ban.
"Alam mo sa totoo lang kung kaharap mo ko, maniwala ka o hindi sapakin kita. kung toto lang. hanggang lumaban ka, pasensya ka," Duterte said
The Philippine National Police has so far recorded 108,088 violations of the guidelines of the enhanced community quarantine in a period of 27 days. -MDM, GMA News