Filtered By: News
News

Distribution of second tranche of cash aid can begin –Palace


Government agencies can now begin the distribution of the second tranche of the cash aid for low-income households affected by the COVID-19 crisis, Malacañang said Monday.

In a televised briefing, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the Palace had already issued the memorandum regarding the inclusion of additional five million households as beneficiaries of the Social Amelioration Program and the reconfiguration of the budget for the second tranche.

“Kasama na po diyan ‘yung 5 milyong mga bagong pangalan na bibigyan ng ayuda at ‘yung 12 million na dati nang nakakuha ng ayuda during the first tranche,” he said.
“Dapat po patuloy na po ang proseso, umuusad na.”

Most beneficiaries would come from those still living in enhanced community quarantine areas even though household beneficiaries most affected by the continuing restrictions in the operation of certain industries and sectors in areas under a general community quarantine may still be considered for the second tranche.

To speed up the distribution of cash assistance, Roque said the government will utilize electronic money transfer and the military.

“Naniniwala naman po kami na mas mabilis po ang proseso kasi doon sa 12 million eh parehong pangalan naman po ‘yan,” he said.

The Palace also directed the Department of Social Welfare and Development, together with the Department of Information and Communications Technology and the National Privacy Commission, to expedite the creation of an online portal containing the list of eligible household beneficiaries of the emergency cash assistance.

The online portal must contain a feedback mechanism to assist the government in assessing the delivery of the financial assistance, determining whether an investigation against specific persons is necessary and identifying persons and areas that were not covered.

The government has set aside P205 billion for the emergency subsidy program. KBK, GMA News