The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) over the weekend clarified that the flight from Wuhan, China to Manila only carried cargo.
In a mobile message, CAAP spokesperson Eric Apolonio said the flight from Wuhan was not a passenger flight.
This comes after photos were circulated online, showing the flight details of a Royal Air flight which left Wuhan 09:16 a.m. CST on Saturday, May 30.
The flight then arrived in Manila 12:13 p.m. PST on the same day.
Wuhan is the epicenter of the novel coronavirus disease, which has infected six million people worldwide and killed more than 364,000.
The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) earlier in the weekend said it is ready for the resumption of flights on June 1, in line with the shift to a general community quarantine (GCQ) in Metro Manila.
Metro Manila and other "high-risk" areas have been on lockdown since March 17. A modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) has been placed from May 15 to last until May 31.
As of Saturday, May 30, the Philippines has so far recorded a total of 17, 224 confirmed cases of the coronavirus. This includes 3,808 recoveries and 950 deaths. — Jon Viktor D. Cabuenas/BM, GMA News