Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said Saturday that senior citizens, or those 60 years and above, can eat at dine-in establishments, although they are encouraged to stay home.
In an interview on Dobol B sa News TV, Lopez said that while the elderly are encouraged to stay at home since they are the most vulnerable to contract COVID-19, the government still allows them to go out for some specific purposes.
Early last month, the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases allowed senior citizens to go out for work in authorized sectors, to buy medicine, or get medical consultation, as well as buy essential goods.
“‘Yung mga senior na kailangan sa trabaho, lumalabas sila or may errands bumibili sila [ng gamot o anumang pangangailanga] ‘yung mga nakakalabas po... which means pwede silang kumain sa mga restaurants,” Lopez said.
The government has approved dine-in services to resume in areas under general community quarantine (GCQ), starting June 15, but at 30% operating capacity.
On the other hand, resumption of dine-in services in areas under modified general community quarantine were allowed, but only at 50% capacity. —LBG, GMA News