The Department of Transportation (DOTr) has deployed over 100 buses along 20 routes for frontliners amid the suspension of public transport due to the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) in Metro Manila and nearby areas.
Interviewed on GMA Network’s Unang Hirit on Tuesday, Assistant Secretary Goddes Hope Libiran said the DOTr Road Sector will offer the free rides with the help of other agencies and private sector.
“Nagpapatupad din po ang ating DOTr Road Sector ng tinatawag natin na hospital positioning strategy,” Libiran said.
“Meron po tayong na-identify na mga ospitals, in coordination with the DOH, na atin pong nilalagyan ng dedicated shuttle service para sa mga empleyado,’ she added.
Libiran said 10 vans will be deployed at the Philippine General Hospital, while two each will be at Research Institute for Tropical Medicine and Asian Hospital.
Additional deployment of free ride services will depend on the recommendation of the Department of Health, Libiran noted.
The routes of the free ride for medical frontliners are the following:
- Route 1: Meralco (Malanday) - United Doctors Medical Center
- Route 2: Valenzuela Gateway Complex - United Doctors Medical Center
- Route 3: SM City San Jose Del Monte - Centris
- Route 4: SM Masinag - The Medical City Ortigas
- Route 5: Ortigas Hospital and Healthcare Center - Rizal Medical Center
- Route 6: MRT 3 Cubao - Philippine General Hospital via MRT 3 Centris Station
- Route 7: Pasig City General Hospital - Makati Medical Center
- Route 7a: Medical City Ortigas - VRP Medical Center
- Route 8: Starmall Alabang - St. Luke’s Medical Center - BGC
- Route 9: Vista Mall Daang Hari - United Doctors Medical Center
- Route 10: RITM - Starmall Alabang
- Route 11: Starmall Alabang - Manila Doctors Hospital
- Route 12: Dasmariñas Pala-Pala - Manila Doctor’s Hospital
- Route 13: Starmall Alabang - Sea Oil Imus Daang Hari/Aguinaldo
- Route 14: SM City Taytay - St. Luke’s Medical Center – QC
- Route 15: SLEX Sucat Exit - Philippine General Hospital
- Route 16: MRT-3 Cubao - Philippine General Hospital
- Route 17: SM City San Jose Del Monte - SM Fairview/ Commonwealth Hospital and Medical Center
- Route 18: LRT-1 Monumento - Baclaran Market
- Route 19: First Cabuyao Hospital and Medical Center - Starmall Alabang
- Route 20: SM City Masinag - Lawton
Citing the policy of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF), Libiran said the transportation of other employees should be provided by their respective companies.
In a statement sent to reporters, Libiran said the public transport vehicles that private companies will use for their workers do not need to apply for a special permit.
“Hindi nap o kinakailangang mag-apply ng Special Permit (SP) ang mga pampublikong sasakyan na gagamitin ng mga pribadong kumpanya bilang shuttle service habang tayo ay nasa MECQ,” she said.
“Kailangan lamang po ay magpakita ang driver ng certificate/authorization letter o letter of intent mula sa kumpanya, na may nakasaad na partikular na ruta, bilang patunay na ang pampublikong sasakyan ay ginagamit na shuttle service,” she added.
Libiran encouraged companies to hire buses, UV Express units, and jeepneys, which are all suspended to operate that affected the livelihood of drivers and operators.
“Maglalabas po ngayong araw ang LTFRB ng listahan ng mga operator at contact numbers para makatulong sa mga pribadong kumpanya na nangangailangan ng shuttle service,” she added. — Joviland Rita/RSJ/MDM, GMA News