advertisement
Filtered By: Just In
News

No let-up in drive to make erring PhilHealth execs accountable — Palace


Malacañang on Friday affirmed the government’s commitment to go after officials of the Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) allegedly involved in corruption and other anomalies.

Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque gave this assurance after the hashtag #wag_kalimutan_yung_binulsang_15billion_sa_philhealth_challenge circulated on social media.

“There is no let-up in our drive to make erring officials of PhilHealth accountable for their alleged misdeeds,” Roque said.

President Rodrigo Duterte earlier ordered the filing of charges against former PhilHealth president Ricardo Morales and other officials linked by an inter-agency task force to irregularities in the state health insurer's Interim Reimbursement Mechanism, procurement of ICT equipment, and policy for accountability.

“The Department of Justice, through its PhilHealth Task Force, is finalizing the complaints identified in its report to President Duterte for filing before the proper venue,” Roque said.

Smaller teams with members from different government agencies are still pursuing investigations specifically into PhilHealth's legal and IT sectors and Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said last week that more people may be implicated as a result.

“Zero tolerance against corruption is not just a catchphrase but a serious matter in the current administration,” Roque said.

Duterte earlier directed new PhilHealth chief Dante Gierran to rid the agency of corruption by the end of the year. — Virgil Lopez/RSJ, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT