Some of the evidence recovered from the shootout between the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency last week has already been turned over to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
In a press conference on Monday, PNP Crime Laboratory Director Brigadier Steve Ludan said they are still waiting for other pieces of evidence that are being processed to be submitted to the NBI.
“Boodle money po ito and this was already turned over to the IOC and we have also processed several evidence including autopsy, drug test, DNA paraffin including the analysis of the bullet trajectories, ballistics and fingerprint,” he said.
“That is all we have now and na-turn over na po yung iba, and the rest we are waiting for the complete turnover of these evidence to the NBI,” he added.
On Monday, NBI said that four days after the shootout, the drugs and the marked money from the failed anti-drug operation had yet to be turned over.
PNP Chief Police General Debold Sinas added that the cellphones, guns and slugs were already submitted to the NBI.
According to him, the concerned personnel under the investigation will still have to report to office.
“For the meantime, ‘yung mga personnel will be doing administrative duties, magre-report sila sa opisina pending the result of the NBI investigations po,” Sinas said.
“As to the impact of those evidence, pabayaan na lang muna ang NBI ang magsalita,” he added.
According to PDEA, at least four people were killed in the shootout, including two policemen, a PDEA agent, and an informant. — BM, GMA News