The mobile Swab Cab, which offers free antigen COVID-19 test in areas with high COVID-19 cases, has been smooth sailing on its first day, Vice President Leni Robredo said Tuesday.
Robredo was referring to the initiative of her office and its private partners which seek to step up the government’s COVID-19 testing program, starting with Malabon City in the National Capital Region.
“So far, maayos ‘yung first hour ng ating Swab Cab operations. Bawat test ay nag-aaverage lang ng 2 minutes,” Robredo said.
(It has been smooth sailing for the first hour of Swab Cab operations. Each COVID-19 test takes two minutes on the average.)
Robredo said that during the preparatory meetings, it was agreed upon that there will only be a limited number of people allowed to stay in the waiting area to prevent mass gathering, and such plan was executed on point.
“Nagpapasalamat tayo sa mga BHERTs (Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams) ng bawat barangay sa napakaayos na proseso,” Robredo added.
(We thank the barangay workers for the orderly process.)
The project deployed three buses which serve as Swab Cab and will be having stops in five barangays within the day.
Those who will test positive for the free antigen COVID-19 test will be tested again using RT-PCR test in order for authorities to immediately isolate them in a quarantine facility in the event that they are confirmed to be COVID-19 positive.
Robredo’s office partnered with Malabon City government, UBE Express and Kaya Natin Movement for the project.
The Philippines has 115,495 active COVID-19 cases so far after a record-setting 10,016 new COVID-19 cases recorded in March 30 alone. — Llanesca T. Panti/RSJ, GMA News